Thursday 17 May 2012

Mission impossible - Ghost protocol - Blu-ray review


Mission impossible - Ghost protocol - Blu-ray review

Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol

Image

I am not much impressed with this movie when I initially saw this in the theatre but was waiting for the Blu-Ray release to watch it on my big screen, which is my usual thingy. Most of the movies which I didn't like when watched in theatres ended up looking good, as far as effects and entertaining factors go, when screened on my HT. Mission impossible is a pet project for Tom cruise and it is obvious that he does not want to go away from making it after years. This 4th sequel has some good action-packed + comedy sequences. I have had a a different perception about the director, Brad Bird, who is a renowned animation movie-maker, but never thought he would come up with an action movie as this. However, comedy sequences in the movie do talk about this directorial style, as he was already part of Ratatouille, Simpsons, incredibles. I am not going to do a review about this plot, etc., as everybody would have already watched this movie in theatres, so I am going to talk about the stuff inside Blu-ray..



Image

The disc comes up loaded with thumping effects and on an anamorphic widescreen aspect ratio of 2:35:1, which is not uncommon in regional language movies that are now being released by companies, such as Ayngaran, AP International, etc. With the aspect ratio 2:35:1, one would feel that dense noticeable grains being apparent on particular framers and picture clarity slightly lower. My MITS-4900 delivers a rich visual treat to my eyes, especially the Kremlin( yes of course it is an set) blast and amazing Burj Khalifa in dubai( real) were mind boggling stunts sequences. The soundtrack is encoded in 7.1 TrueHD which is wonderful. Perhaps, I would have liked it better in a HD-DTS format, especially the blast at Kremlin. I am certainly disappointed with lack of thumping and thundering LFE here, maybe I have to check my system for the missing LFE or check the disc in a different system.

All in all, the Blu-ray disc is nothing short of fantastic and the transfer is good and the sound track has a nice punch and could easily be a show-off disc to impress your guests coming to watch the movies in your HT.. On the whole, I loved this disc and the movie as usual while watching in my LR-HT:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment