Friday 13 April 2012

Altec Lansing A7 "Voice of the Theater" Build


Author & DIY'er: Santhosh


Post -8


Finally, the speaker was ready for a listen. Quickly connected the gear and found that the HF driver was more sensitive. After several combinations and not much success in reducing the gain on the HF, I connected it to a less powerful amp and used a doubly powerful amp for the LF driver. Sound much better but the Low Frequencies were not that great....
Image

So, I removed some damping and I could hear the LFs much better. Removed damping from the lower porting through the bass reflex port. At the moment, the mids and highs are to die for. Fantastic Tone and Timbre!!. Will continue to tune it for more bass, but first need to reduce the gain on the HF by a few dBs.
Image
I plan to listen to it this way until I decide on the crossover and make one myself...that is after I figure out how to make one :D.

Btw, I am having issues with the Behringer Active Crossover that I had mentioned earlier, hence I am in this situation without a proper crossover..just a matter of time :).

0 comments:

Post a Comment